English Twilight Programme Overview
Supporting GCSE levels 7, 8, 9 and preparing students for A-Level
The programme of short twilight sessions is perfect for GCSE teachers that want to extend their knowledge and skills so that students are well prepared for A-level English courses. We aim to develop teacher confidence in delivering high level content and extension material in order to challenge top end students and increase higher grades. The twilights will help support your own results at GCSE as well as preparing students for the next stage in their studies.
- To develop ideas for stretch and challenge in GCSE English.
- To identify and develop key skills that will ensure a greater level of independent thinking, literary analysis, linguistic understanding and overall attainment.
- To offer advice on teaching complex concepts to English teachers working outside their specialism.
- To develop teacher understanding of key areas of student weakness in the transition from GCSE to
- To develop teacher subject knowledge with specific content from A-level which links to content at GCSE.
Please download the attached Course Guide for further information HERE
The programme consists of six twilight session which will be delivered at New College Pontefract, Park Lane, WF8 4QR from 4:00pm to 5:30pm on:
|17 January 2018||Using linguistic levels to analyse texts|
|7 February 2018||Introducing more challenging literary terminology|
|21 March 2018||Exploring texts through analysis of generic conventions|
|25 April 2018||Encouraging evaluative approaches to writing|
|23 May 2018||Exploring different critical approaches to texts|
|20 June 2018||Introducing language change concepts to compare texts from different periods|
Cost & Delivery
The programme of six sessions costs £120 per teacher and is delivered by New College Pontefract on behalf of the New Collaborative Teaching School Alliance. The programme builds on a course delivered for Doncaster schools in 2016/17, with outstanding feedback.
To book your place, please complete the CPD Registration Form HERE.
Alternatively, email email@example.com for more information.
Places are only guaranteed once full payment is received. Places are limited so book early!