Developing Teaching for Learning
Providing teachers with in-depth coaching tailored to a self-assessment of their own teaching practice. It provides opportunities to deepen their understanding of high quality teaching and learning in the classroom. The programme is unique in that it provides delegates with the opportunity to observe lessons in different establishments, at different key stages and in different subject areas. Delegates are given the time to discuss, share good practice and evaluate.
- To introduce and consolidate new knowledge and skills, and focus on what makes teaching and learning consistently good.
- Participants to improve their teaching through facilitated practice, observation of colleagues and working with students.
- Support a wider range of teaching activities including: planning sessions, starter activities, plenary sessions, questioning techniques, engaging in learning, challenging learning, assessment and differentiation strategies.
- Supports the aims and implementation of school improvement plans.
- Forms part of the professional development provision or staff development within the school’s improvement plan.
- Builds confidence of staff and supports a positive “can do” attitude.
Please download the attached Course Guide for further information HERE
The programme consists of five half-day session. These will take place between 9:00am and 12:00pm on:
1 March Selby High School
19 March New College Pontefract
20 April Selby High School
4 May New College Pontefract
14 June Selby High School
To book your place, please complete the CPD Registration Form HERE.
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.